Caring Together: Western Bay Health and Social Care Programme 2016
The 6-month grant of £7,909.00 was awarded to help families with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders (ASD). The project will bring these families and children access to health and social care services with multi-lingual support.
- Collaborate with health and social care service providers to support isolated Ethnic Chinese families with ASD children;
- Develop sustainable co-operative services;
- Raise awareness and promote access to services for earlier intervention and diagnosis of ASD;
- Develop a support group/forum with a Chinese carer to lead and facilitate the development and deliverance of improved services;
- Provide a range of activities to enable children with ASD to develop communication, and social skills.
Findings will be reported following the end-of project report.